Monday, March 30, 2009

BAAAA

Photobucket
I found some pictures from my time in Oregon over this Christmas. Memories that must not be forgotten, so better late than never. My uncle Tim is a farm manager for Cunningham sheep. He runs the wheat, but he took us out during sheep sheering ... Kinda like wheat harvest for my family. Exciting time! It wasn't quite lambing season, but a few early lambs had arrived, so we all took a turn lovin on some lambs. So cute.

Photobucket

The actual process was entertaining, they grabbed a sheep(a EWE to be technical).. put her in headlock,, shaved off her wool, with a pair of sheer identical to the ones the Grinch uses on the movie when he was a little boy (anyone know what I'm talking about?).. anyway.. after they are done, they let go and the sheep bolts, and hurls itself down this wooden slide( really!) It was so funny to watch the sheep fly down a slide and then out to pasture.

Photobucket

This is my cousin Tyler below. He is one of a kind and so fun to be around. He just LOVES LOVES LOVES these little lambs. Tyler and Tim road in my parents suburban out to the ranch and Tyler caught me on the way in AND on the way home without my safety belt on. The first time he let slide, but the second time I got a little lecture. With a shake of the head and a very concerned look he told me: "You REALLY need to get the hang of that Amie." :)

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Daddy dear.. a softy at heart.
Photobucket

More cuddling by my grandma and Tyler. I told you Tyler loves those lambs.

Photobucket
Here is Cache talking to his great grandpa Calvin about sheep poop. Actually i can't remember what they were talking about, but I'm probably right, knowing my Gramps.

Photobucket

Devin was inducted into the Carhart club this Christmas season by my dad. I never took Devin for the Carhart kind,(and neither did Devin) but I think he looks dang good, if you ask me.

Photobucket

oh good memories of family so far far away...

Photobucket

No comments: