Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Drive

We have always gone on Sunday afternoon drives since the beginning of our marriage. These drives usually take place in the country side. Okay, ALWAYS take place in the country side, but today part of our drive was down to the library to return books before we head off to Washington D.C in the morning(for an entire week!) The beginning reason for this drive, was because being a country kid.. I get a little stir crazy not seeing a gravel road every once in a while, but now another reason for these Sunday after noon drives is to get Cache to take a nap. Yes it's the only way he will fall asleep at nap time. Go ahead judge me. I use to judge people like me too when my child was perfect, and now I'm eating my words. It's how life works I'm learning. Anyway we took some fun pictures and then I spent precious sleep hours playing with them. I need to figure out how to use my camera so these pictures are more clear. Oh well, sometime, soon I hope. See ya when we get back! Happy Thanksgiving!
Photobucket



Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This next one is my absolute favorite:
PhotobucketAlign Center

11 comments:

Karli said...

so. cute. You do a great job! Way to catch those awesome expressions! You are so photogenic as well and have a cute family! have fun in DC!

natalie spratling said...

The photos are beautiful. Love the ones of you and Naomi and the one with your LOVES. D.C.? how fun! That is one place we all want to go...someday. Is it for school? pleasure? Have a happy turkey day. can't wait to see you guys next month.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

You look BEAUTIFUL Amie!

Cindy Spratling said...

I can't stop laughing at how cute your family is! I can't wait to see you guys. You look great Amie. You aren't supposed to look that good yet! Those pictures are awesome!

Diana said...

How long will you be in DC?!?!? I'm in DC. You should stop in and see your favorite Freshman Roomie :)

Cher said...

I love all of the pictures, You look gorgeous, I wear UGH boots, some type of sweat pants, T-shirt, and maybe a hoodie...EVERYDAY. I'm way hot. On a serious not, you guys are all so beautiful and I think Naomie is a doll and Cache is such a cute little man. We miss you!

Kasia, Jared, Wrigley, Kobi said...

That's the goofy Devin i know! I miss those faces. What a crack up

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

Those photos of you and Naomi are EXQUISITE! Oh, how I miss my dear cousins! I hope you have fun in DC!

Jenni said...

Hi Amy,
I found your blog through some other members of the good old BYU 5th ward! Your family is SO BEAUTIFUL! And -WOW your photography skills are amazing! What a great talent! What kind of camera do you use?

So you mind if we keep checking your blog?
Caleb is a big brother now too. We have two boys and they are a lot of fun. It would be great to hear from you!

Mardee Rae said...

Amie, your photography and editing are so beautiful. You've got to teach me this. I love the pics, you are so gorgeous it makes me sick with envy, Devin is such a cute daddy, and your kids are, of course, gorgeous. Have fun in D.C., Merry Christmas, let's get together early next year! BTW, your cuz and my sis are officially engaged!

Amie Orton said...

Man you guys are so nice with all your comments, but with a little editing, anyone can look pretty. Jenni I tried to get on your blog to try and remember who you are... I knew a few jenni's at BYU so I need to see a picture! but your blog is private so will you invite me? OH and I use a nikon D40x. costco special.
Amie