Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Just a calm blustery fall day

Today was a sweet fall day.
It rained.  Poured actually. So I was smiling to myself all day.
I am calm and happy when it rains. I love it. LOVE it.
We drove Cache to school and took the long way home looking at all the beautiful leaves and neighborhoods. These are the kind of days I will miss someday when they are grown up.
We watched a Halloween cartoon, did laundry, baked bread.
Gage and Nay caught snails and rain water and laughed at worms.

A few Naomi encounters just to help me remember my day:

I was straightening up the house this afternoon. Naomi was helping here and there when I'd ask.
She says to me:
"Mama, I am dust gonna play starfall on the computer and when you need me I'll help in just that minute."
(She meant right away)
I was impressed with her thinking ahead like that so I couldn't say no.
A few minutes later...
Me:"Naomi can you put the gator and plasma car in the back yard?"
N: "Uuugh! When I am done with my game."
Me: "Oh but you said you would do it right away when I asked."
N: "OH! Dat's right. Okay!"  (much to my surprise) And jumps up right away.

Puts cars outside and screams happily: "Look what I found! Monies!" (It was a quarter.)

Me: "Oh! See you get hidden blessings when you are obedient."
N: (disgusted face) "WHAT are you talking about?"  Rolls  her eyes and goes back to her game.


Next Story:
Naomi goes to check the mail.
a minute later she comes back in bawling so hard she can hardly breath and tears. I thought the worst. (Someone tried to grab her.)

I held her until she could breath but she kept pointing outside.
Finally she chokes out.
"The Mail!  The wind blowed it all over the place and its lost!"

I was so relieved I had to hold back laughing.
"OH that's okay, Lets go get it!"

2 seconds later she was running barefoot all over the neighborhood catching mail with me.
It was SUPER windy.
She was laughing and skipping. She has a little body like her daddy and it's cute to see her run like him.



4 comments:

Meg said...

You are amazing and I'm DYING wanting to know what your new calling is!!! My bet - YW president. I have no doubt in your qualifications.

Amie Orton said...

Meg I am a counselor in the Relief society.
Not a big deal for most, but it is the one over the weekly enrichments,,, meaning crafts and I don't do crafts, they give me panick attacks. Ha. So this is like not even within my hemisphere of capability,,, oh well. I guess I will learn. You are nice to think I could handle YW president, let me assure you I would drop the ball on that calling for sure. Even nursery leader is overwhelming to me. So is leading the music. If I could make the perfect calling for me it would Relief society activity refreshment taster. I would do really good at that and the only calling that wouldn't scare the pants off me!

Meg said...

You are going to do awesome!!!! I had that calling when we lived in Michigan. Luckily you don't have to be the crafty one- you just have to delegate it. You will love it. Relief Society is such an amazing institution and I have such a testimony of it. I know you will do a fabulous job.

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

Those are the best kin of days!