Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mom's Birthday Weekend

March 1st was: 
Crazy hair day at school, 
 A Friday,
 And my Mother's Birthday!
My Mom's dear friend Marriane Wood died in a tragic car accident out on the country roads that week. So my Mom was feeling pretty down, and in all honesty things were going to pot here at home. Sometimes you just need to be home. So we drove home for her Birthday!
It was fun to walk into the restaurant and surprise her! She didn't know we were coming. 
Then we had icecream and Sarah's house.
 It was a sober, but peaceful and sweet weekend. Just what we needed.
Adults ate Mom's cooking, and breathed a lot deeper.  
Kids followed Grandpa around the yard and ran free.
Danny and Naomi are really becoming friends and swang on the swings four hours.
Cache has too much fun with all Uncle Sam's old toys. He got a big queen bed all to himself.
Night vision goggles and Nintendo DS and chewing gum. He is always so happy in Oregon!
 Apples to apples all Sunday morning.
The kids wanted to see the house where I grew up.  So we loaded up cousin Danny
and went the short 1/2 mile to see it. I haven't been there in years.
 A hundred memories flying through my mind at the sight of that house and barn.
What a great, adventurous  dangerous  childhood I had!
Jumping off the tops of houses, jumping ON cows running by, hiding from escaped convicts with guns that were hiding from Police in our pasture, being stranded in the middle of a river after the snow melted and turned the creek into a raging river, picking up snakes thinking they were sticks, hitting the ground when some tresspassers were hunting deer while we were building tree forts, camping in the pasture only to discover our tent door ripped through by what we think had to have been a cougar... and really there are so many more.
After remenising, we decided without a doubt, us kids had gaurdian angels. Maybe 10!
We also had our mom flabbergasted. Somehow she knew none of those stories...
I have to say, I'm glad I'm survived and so glad I am alive to love these cute faces... 

No comments: