Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Cache Turns Six.

S
Happy Happy Birthday Cache!

Our eldest child turned a whoppin six entire years old. 
At one point 6 seemed so far away to me.
So far away, that I promised a lot of things: "When your 6 or something."
Some of these things that Cache had not forgotten but I had were:
Chewing gum again(after he put it in his sisters hair.)
Being able to walk in a parking lot without holding my hand.
Eating with regular dishes instead of the: "Baby plastic ones."

He has been asking hourly for gum since the day BEFORE his birthday. "I'm almost six so...." I just change the subject. Then he got some as a present. Aaand I found a bit on the carpet.  So now I changed it till he's seven. 
The parking lot...he may not hold my hand, but I make him hold my coat, or cart or put him in charge of holding Naomi's hand. Which is fine because I'm sorta running out of hands to hold all the hands that need holding.   And finally he is has decided that the colorful kid plates are in the end cooler than the grown up plates. But silverware... grown up ones are better. :)

Cache decided on a Bronco's Birthday.  We filled his room with Balloons to wake up to in the morning. He wasn't ammused as we thought he would be.  
He got to pick out a fun cereal for his Birthday.  And we made Birthday pancake stack of course.

 Devin had a pretty crazy busy day, and none of us could wait anyway, so we let Cache open all his presents before school. He got a sweet jacket, headphones(he calls them Skull Candy but they definately are not), a car, and bronoco's tickets!  I felt like his gifts were fit for a teenager instead of my little boy.  But it made for one excited birthday boy.



 We can't actually get the tickets to this game yet.  So I made some fake ones on photoshop.  Now lets pray the tickets come through!
 He has started a "Bronco's drawer" where he is collecting all things Bronco colors to wear at the game and also made several signs to hold up at the game. Oh I forgot to post pictures of our pumpkins this year  before Halloween.  Cache carved a....
Bronco if you couldn't tell.  
Cache pointed out it's even Bronco colors! So we used it for a birthday party decoration.

After school we had ourselves a little Bronco party. 
Cache's request we had a sub sandwich for dinner, with carrots from Grandma Orton's garden.
And Ovaltine. :)
Cache got to wear this crown at school all day.

 Sarah had me all trained on how to make a cool looking Bronco on his cake.  Went the store to pick out the supplies.  Stopped by the bakery to see if they had any cool little things to add to the cake. The baker brought out this not cute- at- all tie- dye cake, looked Cache in eye and said: "This looks like a pretty great Bronco cake to me if I ever saw one." Convinced Cache on the spot. I immediately told the baker, NO thanks, we had something else in mind, and led a pouting Cache back to pick out frosting colors.  But alas,  I kept lecturing myself: "My happiness or Cache's?"  We went with Cache's happiness.  AND it actually ended up looking cuter at home after I realized I could go to bed instead of staying up all night making a cake.
I was a much nicer mother of the Birthday boy the next day.
Cache has the best primary teacher.  She is just awesome with a room full of rowdy 6 year old boys. (Not a common quality.)  She brought over Cache a birthday gift of FLARP and silly string.  Definitely knows boys!  

Played some football in the backyard for the activity.  When Devin got off of work we took him to Jump Time. It's an indoor trampoline gym that Cache likes a lot. And that was his special day!
Happy, Happy Birthday 
Cache Dearest.

And now a letter to my boy.
Dearest Cache,  Thank you for being a part of our life.  The biggest part. Not that you had a choice, but maybe you did.  We love the passion you have for life.  You are bashful, shy in crowds, strong willed, a leader, (at this point some may call you an instigator.)  You love love love other kids and value friendships deeply. I already see you will be a hard worker.  You often see my needs or the needs of another,  and jump to help out.  A door that needs opening, bags that need carrying, a baby that needs distracting so his mom can go to the bathroom, and you run to do it. "I got it!" I often hear.  You always know what the weather will be because you watch the news in the morning and if you wake up late, you check the weather on the computer.  You've done this since you could talk.  I love this quirk about you. You have so many natural gifts, I am excited to see which ones you chase after.  Which ones that you'll choose to develop.  A forgiving heart, when Mom and Dad are figuring out this parenting thing. You do and always have loved to laugh.  I'll never ever get tired the way you look your  baby brother. You just completely adore that brother of yours. You are so proud of him. I don't even think you know you are smiling but you do every time he is near.
  You are the typical  knock your self in the head, while making farting noises, and laughing at mention of all body parts, six year old boy, but you are anything but typical to us. You are our heart Cache. You are our joy. From the very tiniest  to the largest, YOU are wrapped in every single thought and decision we make in our lives.  Birthdays often come with gifts Cache, and you are truly our gift.  We've always felt that way about you.  We felt that we were not just first time parents, but that we were trusted with someone extra ordinary, extra special.  And you are.  Happy Birthday our dear boy.

We  love you forever and ever.

1 comment:

natalie spratling said...

Happy Birthday Cache, from your Great Auntie Nat and Great Uncle Bruce. Um the Ovaltine is such a Spratling boy thing....or maybe it's just a Bruce thing. He always has to have it when he's in Oregon. Hope Your Birthday day was all you hoped for...from what your Mom wrote CAche it must have been. Sure love you guys.