Friday, April 15, 2011

Cache reeealy loves Gage.
You can see the love in his eyes when he looks at his brother.
It is so evident in his eyes, it  actually surprises me each time.

I decided to set up Gage's crib in my room. (Finally took down the bassinet)
Cache was sad.
I told him there just wasn't enough room in his room.
He told me we could get rid of all his toys to make room.
That, of course, melted me.
So I started considering it.
I told him we would have to put his big basketball hoop outside for the crib to fit against the wall.
He looked at me totally hurt.
I thought it was at the thought of getting rid of his hoop.
But no. 
He thought the crib could be pushed right up next to his bed,
so they could be "side by side," and he could "keep an eye on him all night."

But he is still MY baby, so in my room he is.
I get more protective with each child.

Cache watched him while I was cleaning my room this morning.
 I checked on him to find this.
Cache had to use the bathroom and he 
"Didn't want Gage to get bored when he was gone."

6 comments:

MegRich said...

That is just too cute. I hope Tyler loves his baby brother as much as Cache loves his!

Anonymous said...

Love it. Totally thoughtful of Cache. Simplymodernmom.com does this photo contest every week with the theme "A Glimpse into Motherhood." This photo is perfect for that. Here's the link in case you're interested: http://www.simplymodernmom.com/2011/04/project-52-sisterly-love/

DancELation said...

I totally love when I read your blog and get a glimpse of your home life. I have to tell you I love your style and taste in decorating. So clean, simple, calm, pure(love the white) happy, artistic, HOMEY!!!! You have such an eye for things. I LOVE it!

Amie Orton said...

Wow thanks Celeste! I will take that is really good compliment coming from YOU. ONe of the most talented decorating and artistical person I know!
amie

Kiley said...

Wowza...that was a freakin long comment. How about you never do that again.

JK, I kid...mine is going to be even longer than yours!!

So heres my 2 cents (thanks for asking by the way, I like helping out)...I personally only run 3 days a week, sometimes 4 if its a short run (2-3 miles). My body just can't handle running more days than that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE running and if I could run every day without getting hurt - totally would.

So, since you are just running to run, not racing or anything I would say running 4-5 days might be ok. But I definitely wouldn't suggest running EVERY day...because then you might not be able to run at all after you get hurt (if you do). On your days off you are suppose to cross train (you know, the bike, elliptical, walks, weights, etc). That way different muscles get used & your poor knees, hips, & feet dont get overtrained/overused from running. That's all I got...I think. Let me know if that helps or if you have more questions.

P.S. I L.O.V.E. love your blue dresser behind Gage...LOVE

KevandChels said...

love the blue dresser! did you paint that? i think i actually have a can of paint that color from forever ago when i was going to paint peter's changing table:) i also love the handle with prayer sign. never heard that saying before but LOVE it! anyway, why'd you have to move across the country from north carolina?