Saturday, September 24, 2011

The double Birthday party!
This is why I have been putting off posting the party. There's a million pictures and I can't pick from them! It was a lovely, but hotter and buggier than wished evening at Eagle island. I picked an evening where I thought no one would be there. And I was right. It was like our own private park. Swwweeet. We had ourselves a quiet little family party. I thought about having a big old party with lots of their friends but when I throw a party I stress about if everyone is enjoying themselves, not feeling put out yada yada yada and I end up focusing on the guests and don't get to enjoy my babies.  So  family it was and family it will be until they demand otherwise.  If family gets offended they still have to love me. Makes it easier for me to not stress. ( But didn't totally work.)
Anyway.  I just absolutely love the way the cakes turned out. My kids will probably never have this nice of cakes again in their lives. Unless Aunt Sarah just happens to be in town again! I picked the cake themes from the their favorite bedtime song.

Nay of course loves "tinko tinko." And we sing it daily.

My two Birthday babies.  2 years and 4 days apart.
Gage is our Sunshine boy.

Sarah tried to make the sun look like Gage's fat smiling head. I thought of making him a hat that made his head look like a giant sun. HA. never got to it.

Gage Man. He was tired and just wanted the candy.  So no cheesy smiles.
Plus Aunt Sarah has got an Iron grip on his diaper ducking behind him and he didn't think 
that was very cool.




The Activity was swimming and eating.
A boat full of Babies.



Time to cut the cake!

Devin and were reminiscing about Cache as a one year old. 
We gave him the cake and then our mom's called.
While we were talking, he ate the ENTIRE cake and it was a normal size birthday cake.
Gage wasn't quite as aggressive.


 I Love those hands


Some of the details:
Suns and stars to go with the hot dogs, chips and Aunt Julie's homemade salsa from her Garden!
It's my fav salsa. I ate all the left overs myself that night at home.
 (Aunt Sara Orton's recipe.)

This was sorta similar to ones I found on etsy for $30 plus.
I made it one photoshop for free.  And was beaming with pride at my accomplishment.
I made some of the other signs on photshop too. But this was my favorite.

A blue little sign I didn't take a picture of said: "You are what happened when we wished upon a star."
Which is true of Naomi.  We had to wait and wait for her.  And I wished on a star more than once for a baby during that time.  And I now see all the wisdom in the timing of this girl of ours.  I think Heavenly father needed me to have that experience so when I throw my hands up daily in total exasperation with this girl, he could say.."well you asked for it."
She is unbelievably funny to me, but hands down adds more craziness to our life than any.
She demolishes everything and a quiet moment where we don't know where she is can quickly turn into the grossest situation you have ever experienced in your life.
Patience, patience, patience  is the gift she is giving to us.
Patience and daily gut busting laughter.
We LOVE our girl.


Tangent sorry. Next:
Been wanting to make these for 3 years now.
I didn't take a picture of Nay's birthday banner.
I really am the world's most miserable sewer.  But some things like these pennant banners are just worth it.
I loved how they turned out.
That's all the pictures I took of the extra details.
I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of me and Devin and of my parents! 
They are always so sneaky and I never get their picture.

We took pictures early thank goodness....
Darn heat!
The inside of the cake was pink. It was really cute and the girls all loved it.
I'm missed a picture of it.  Dang.

My little sisters are truly amazing girls.
Sisters area  blessing.
(That' goes for sister in laws too.)
Thank you so so much Sarah for the cakes.

Naomi was being absolutely ridiculous for pictures.
Like extra ridiculous. (Double chin and monster voice.)
I have about 100 pictures similar to this one:


More monster faces.



We tried some distractions...

Trying so hard to show the camera she is 3.   Even the tongue helps a bit.
Trying so hard!
Almost got it there Nay...
Victory! 
"I'm One!" (She tells everyone this.)



Thank goodness for a fast camera! I caught one cute smile. 
 Now I can live this year happy.
That's it for partay pictures. 
Birthday post over.
Now on to planning Cache's party. 
He wants a "Perry the platapus" cake Sarah...


4 comments:

Cindy Spratling said...

Happy Birthday Naomi! You are such a lucky little girl. You have the best Mommy and Auntie Sarah! What a perfect little family party. I like the ones that are just family WAY better too :) Um, Amie, please write a book about being crafty and simply creative from the heart. You capture the most precious moments in the most true way. Can't quite get the right words out, but hopefully you know what I mean. Anyway- I'm so blessed to be in the Spratling girl group :)

sillynicolegirl said...

Oh my! I guess I never realized how close their birthdays are, how fun! I love all of your pictures, such a cute party and beautiful cakes SARAH! Your kiddos are adorable and I bet you are such a great momma. Hope you are well and think of you lots,,,

Nick and Sarah Leonard said...

I didn't get to comment on the last few posts, but I love them all. Perry the platypus? BRING IT ON!

One mom said...

Happy birthday Naomi and Gage! Amie, everything is so darling! I love how your banners turned out. Did you do the star melons? Do you think we could do those for Jessica B's shower? Would any of your banners work for our color schemes? Beautifully captured, as always.