Sunday, March 7, 2010

get to know the Spratling in me

I have nothing to blog, but I just thought I would share this GEM of a  picture. Just for you to understand a li'l where I come from...  These are my younger siblings Christmas morning this past Christmas in Oregon.  They are modeling what Santa left in their stockings.
  Love Them. Yes even Ash will now be packin heat. Haha! No I'm sure my mom didn't let her take this with her back to college. So now when you think why is Amie so...awesome, crazy, backwards... whatever it is, maybe now you'll know why. 
In reality, my family is not a bunch of back wood hicks, although that would not offend my dad to be called that... They don't shoot everything that moves and have never shot supper from the kitchen window. Maybe the window of the farm truck... but never the house.  And my dad is very big on gun safety and responsibility.  He keeps them under lock and key and not displayed on the fireplace mantel. He made us all take hunter's safety at a young age. I just thought I would stir a few people up with this picture. Is this what Christmas morning looks like at your house? 

6 comments:

MegRich said...

Ha ha. That's so funny! And I love the "naked" Celtic woman on the tv (I know she's not naked- I'm just teasin). Blake got a gun for Christmas too. Only he hasn't taken gun safety... maybe my parents should have thought of that first...

Amie Orton said...

Yes the singing naked Celtic woman just adds a special touch to this picture no? I didn't know blake got a gun! haha, More proof that the Merrells and the Spratlings should live closer, life would be fun.

amie

carrie said...

I have to be honest this picture scares me a little (the guns not the people, well maybe the celtic woman too.) The closest I have been to something that shoots was on the Toy story ride at Disneyworld which I loved!!! I will tell you all about it if you come to play group but don't let that scare you away it's Gabby's last week and she is making food so you should definitely come.

Zana said...

this looks like a dream christmas for james!!!

he already talks about getting a gun for thomas & just using it in the meantime until he's old enough...any excuse to add to his collection.

the cool thing is that our girls will know how to handle a gun :]

(that really might scare carrie!)

Zana said...

thanks for the kitty info :) and you now have double the pressure to show up for play group...see you wednesday!

Aubrey said...

So, I LOVE that Naomi gets stuck in everything. I'm glad I'm not the only one with rag-muffin kids. I got Aria ready for church yesterday, hair done, bow in, shoes on and when I finish prelude for the organ, she no longer has a bow, it looks like she just woke up and shoes are missing. How can that happen in 10 minutes? Still not really sure and it happens every week. In other words.. I concur.